A vision for Ealing
Your view of the future
The kind of place we want Ealing to be in years ahead
A successful plan has to have a clear idea of what we want our town centre to be, and how to respond to the pressures on it. We asked people how they see its role changing.
The answers we got helped us identify the aspirations, issues and preferences that should shape the way our neighbourhood develops. The questions dealt with:
The Vision statement
Our vision for change is for Ealing to become once again a sought after destination and a natural focus for both the Borough and the West London sub-region. Development must enable it to meet the challenges of its rapidly increasing residential population and improved accessibility, whilst preserving its special and historic character. Our vision is that by 2026 Central Ealing will have restored its position as a distinctive and welcoming place attracting people from a wide catchment area to visit, work, study, shop and stay. It will:
- be a regional centre of excellence for culture and education
- have preserved its historic character and heritage of green space, trees and human scale
- regain its competitive edge with a renewed shopping experience and a vibrant mix of retail and complementary uses and facilities
- have a network of attractive streets and public spaces which encourage pedestrian use and cycling and which move the balance away from the dominance of cars
- deliver a safe and welcoming evening economy
- be a desirable location for visitors to London to stay with new hotel and visitor attractions
- provide new leisure and recreational facilities
- be an integrated and balanced community, catering for diverse and changing needs across all age and social groups
- support a sustainable local economy and be a good place to start and build a business.